Thursday, April 14, 2011

Bodensee


The Bodensee (known to Americans as Lake Constance... why we do this all the time to German words is beyond me) is pretty close to me and I thoroughly enjoyed my trip to Lindau last summer. Geographically speaking the Bodensee is in a pretty awesome place. On one side you have Germany, and then on the other side you have Austria and Switzerland. Lindau itself is great because it straddles Baden-Wuttemberg and Bayern , so a State ticket from either one would get you there (I think... don't let the DB people catch you with a falsche fahrschein and you tell them 'Oh, well MELISSA said...').

I have read about people biking the Bodensee, so I figure its high time I try it myself. I do not think I will make it the entire 260km trail (156 miles) in two days... but I will definitely log some decent miles the first day and then see how I feel the next day. Luckily there are ferries which can whisk you across the lake at certain points so if I am feeling really tired those can always be viable options to!

I bought a map at Decathlon and it seems pretty intuitive so I am not to frightened about getting lost (If I do not see water, I am probably off track)

All in all I think my training is going fairly well- I am staying active and I am pretty sure I am the most fit I have ever been, lets just hope it's enough!

(image from this blog: http://kevinsger110.blogspot.com/2010/09/bodensee-and-berchtesgaden.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment