Thursday, March 31, 2011

For A Cause

So one of my high-school friends Kyle just completed Low2High, a bike ride from the lowest point in Africa to the highest. He was working in Ethiopia with the Peace Corps for the maximum number of years and worked at the New Day Childrens Center. Anyways he liked it so much, he did the bike ride to raise money for the school. You can still donate HERE.

So Kyle asked me if I was doing my Coast 2 Coast for charity. Honestly I never thought about it. I just saw the hike in Backpacker magazine or something along those lines and decided it would be fun. Plus next to his event, sheesh walking 190 miles in England seem like no big thing :)

However, I can tell you who I recently donated too, and if you would like to contribute as well, then so be it. Or find one the suits you and go for it! Use my walk as an excuse-- fine by me!

  • Give2Asia: I donated here for the Japan Tsunami Relief fund and my company matched it, so double bonus
  • Bulldog Club of America Rescue Network: Because lets face it... Bulldogs are so cute >.<
  • Bulldog Rescue and Rehoming: Like above, but in my soon to be new home, England (I can't 100% remember if I donated here... however I DO remember going "eeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkk!" a lot at all the adorable Bulldog photos)
I always suggest anything having to do with animals or the environment. Everyone has their passion in life-- choose whichever is right for you.

I actually may look into asking the UK Bulldog Site if I could raise money for them. Maybe I could finish my hike and there would be bulldogs (and ice cream) waiting for me... omg best thing ever.

Wherever you donate too-- thanks!
This ADORABLE image is from http://images.paraorkut.com

No comments:

Post a Comment