Sunday, March 13, 2011

12 Kilometer wandern en Stuttgart!


Sometimes you do not have to go too far to find some awesome places where you are living. This is so true in Germany. I decided it was high-time I just walk around and see all the things there are to see, and the best way is to climb some steps...

I bought a booked called "Treppauf Treppab in Stuttgart" (Ascending, Descending in Stuttgart) and it lists about 12 hikes in Stuttgart using the famous steps (Treppen).

So the one I chose started at the Hauptbahnhof (yay mass transit) and I hoped that there was an U-Bahn or something near the end! Anyways, you can see my meanderings.


View Treppen en Stuttgart in a larger map



If that doesn't work, try this!

What I learned was there is A LOT more green space in Stuttgart than I thought. I definitely found some nice walks amongst tons of trees and some pretty nice views. In the summer time I also found some excellent looking restaurants!

Good way to spend a overcast Sunday :)

However, I got another blister... that makes me VERY nervous. I will have to do a hike with a band-aid on that spot and see if one forms there. This was the same spot as the one I got on the Westweg :(

No comments:

Post a Comment