So I would be lying if I said I was ONLY excited to be leaving Deutschland. Do not get me wrong, I am excited, but I am also nervous/sad/scared/excited. In the 17 or so months I have been in Germany I have seen and done some amazing things. Some highlights:
- Hiking around the Plitvice Lakes in Croatia
- Paragliding over the Alps in Switzerland
- Karnival in Venice
- Tomatina in Spain
- Walking the Seine with my parents in Paris (a place my mom has always wanted to visit)
- Oktoberfest in Munchen
- Hiking the Black Forest
- Biking the Bodensee
I have seen some amazing things, but honestly what I will miss the most are all my friends. It was them who made most of these trips more memorable than they ever could be alone. Luckily I am not going too far so visiting is a quick flight away!So I am already thinking ahead to next year... what could my next big adevnture be? I want it to include a continent I have not yet been too, so Asia/Australia/Africa/South America. Some thoughts:
- Perito Moreno Glacier, Argentina: With all this hoopla about global warming, its nice to see a glacier bucking the trend and actually GROWING
- Stok Kangri, India: One of the highest places a human can go by just hiking (i.e. nothing technical required)
- Mt Kilimanjaro, Tanzania: Maybe paired with a Safari this could be a fun two or three weeks!
- Safari, Africa: see above :)
- Annapurna Trail, Nepal: I have heard amazing things about this trail from friends... so always a bit of a safer bet!
- Diving the Great Barrier Reef - Cairns, Australia: Diving. Enough Said.
- Inca Trail, Peru: Would have to make sure I go at the right time... but I bet the photos you could take in the morning would be AMAZING. Something about being in a place so old, it breathes history
A friend hinted to me something about Grasmere gingerbread... but refused to divulge more details until later. I am drooling over here!