Sunday, July 17, 2016

When I am Not Running...

If you want to learn more about my challenge: Running a 5k in every borough in London August 6 & 7, please go here! Interested in RUNNING a borough with me?  Check this outI am running for CrisisUK, and you can donate to the cause here

Although I feel like all I am doing is running, I take at least one day off a week so my body does not go on strike against me. I also do one day of cross training (Body Combat,Body Pump, or Spin) as I know it's good to mix things up.

I thought I would share my workout that I do to help with my running muscles. This is from Runner's World. I like it because it requires no extra equipment.

  1. Squat + Calf Raise
  2. Push Up + Plank Hold
  3. Lunge with Left Leg
  4. Lunge with Right Leg
  5. Plank
  6. Side plank (30 seconds each side)
  7. Single Leg T-Raise <- great for my hamstring so I do this one all the time
  8. Bridge (very hard not to think of the Eric Prydz 'Call on Me' video here)
  9. Jack Knife Crunches
  10. Fire Hydrants (30 seconds each side, hold for 2 seconds)
  11. Superman
  12. BONUS: Again for my hamstring I do "The Glider" (or L-3 on this video)
  13. GYM BONUS: For the hammy I use a stability ball and do this snazzy move. I never look this coordinated though, and am usually spending more time chasing the ball down.

Planks... on concrete. No thank you. Picture c/o RunnersWorld

I do these for 60 seconds each with a 15 second rest in between. I typically go through this twice (although I know it should be three), and typically some yoga as well.

There are so many routines out there specifically for runners, it's just finding the one that works for you and sticking with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment